Sing with us
Looking for a musical challenge in a fun atmosphere?
Thinking of joining?
- Fill an application form.
- Do a quick and easy voice placement.
- Come sing with us for a couple of rehearsals.
- If you like the experience, we will do an audition.
Already know you want to join?
- Call 905.884.7922 or email us at info [at] chorusyork [dot] ca to schedule a time for an audition.
At the voice placement
- We will do a few vocal exercises to establish range.
- We will check your voice
colourand dynamic range.
- Have a bit of a chat.
At the audition
- You will sing a solo piece of your choice.
- You will sing one or two choral excerpts from the repertoire rehearsed during your time with us.
- We will have an interview and chat about our compatibility.
Attention at the audition is given to your level of preparedness, rhythmic precision, intonation, blend, and the ability to adapt to directions from the conductor.
The final say as to who is right for the choir and who will join rests with our Artistic Director and Board.
We want singers who
- have prior choral experience
- possess good music reading skills,
goodear for intonation, and a blending voice
- are able to sing without vibrato at will
- are willing to learn
- come prepared to rehearsals
- display a positive attitude
- actively participate in
promotion, fundraising, tickets sales, etc.
Members of Chorus York are independent learners, conscientious and prepared, team players, able to take and follow direction.
What you can expect
Top notchmusical leadership
- Relentless demand for perfection
- Interesting repertoire
- A challenging and fulfilling experience
- A chance to sing great music and do it really well
Our rehearsals take place weekly on Tuesday evening from 7:00 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. at Richmond Hill Presbyterian Church, 10066 Yonge St, Richmond Hill ON L4C 1T8.
Focus during rehearsals is placed