Join our virtual choir project
Chorus York invites singers of all ages from around the world to sign up for an exciting virtual project!
Chorus York invites you to participate in our creation of a Virtual Choir Performance of Jazzy and Classical Music that will be presented online at the end of June 2021. In this time of social distancing and online conferencing when we can not rehearse together physically, Chorus York is exploring new avenues of artistic expression and collaboration.
Singers wishing to participate should register by email to info[at]chorusyork[dot]ca by February 8th, 2021.
Blue Skies – Irving Berlin
On The Sunny Side of the Street – Dorothy Fields
They Can’t Take That Away – George & Ira Gershwin
Sixteen Tons – Merle Travis
Chattanooga Cho Cho – Harry Warren
Halleluia Amen – Georg Friedrich Handel
Laudate Pueri – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
Jesu Bleibet – Johann Sebastian Bach
Sing Sing Sing – Louis Prima
Fly Me To The Moon – Bart Howard
How it works
• Singers sign up to take part in the project. Participation is $100 (includes scores, guidetracks, and online sessions).
• Upon registration singers will receive a link to a Dropbox folder where all the material will be found.
As we will also use Dropbox for you to upload your recordings we encourage you to sign up for a free account and to install the Dropbox application on your computer.
• Singers receive their toolkit to help learn their part. The material will be available as of February 5.
• The material includes: scores, practice tracks, a guidetrack for the final recording, specific guidelines for the recording.
• Singers attend a 60-minute online project orientation and introduction to the pieces on February 9 at 7:00 p.m.
• Singers prepare their parts and attend regular “rehearsals” for the opportunity to dive into the pieces, hear demonstrations, meet the other singers involved, etc.
• Singers create and send in/upload audio and video recordings of their part.
• Post-production audio and video work will be done by the artistic team.
• Singers are invited to attend a preview performance prior to the world premiere in mid to late June.
For more information, email to firstname.lastname@example.org